EFFECTIVE SUNDAY, JULY 5th ALL GOODWILL RETAIL LOCATIONS, OUTLET STORES* AND ELECTRONICS STORES ARE OPEN TO SHOPPERS TUESDAY THRU SUNDAY 11AM – 6PM, AND ARE ACCEPTING DONATIONS SEVEN DAYS A WEEK 11AM – 6PM.
*Richmond Outlet Store and Richmond Electronics Store are open Tuesday – Saturday 11am – 6pm.*
All shoppers and donors are encouraged to visit our Location Finder to locate their closest Goodwill store or donation center.
The following protocols have been implemented to keep safety the top priority for our community:
- Per state mandate, all shoppers over age 10 are required to wear a face covering while in our stores. Those with medical conditions are excluded from this guidance. This mandate ensure the health and safety of our associates as well as fellow shoppers.
- All required and preferred safety items are stocked and in place at each location.
- All staff is properly trained on safety policies and will implement safe social distancing measures.
- We encourage all associates, shoppers and donors who are feeling ill to stay home from work and self-isolate. Per state guidelines, anyone who has had symptoms or been around someone with COVID-19 or symptoms in the past 14 days will not be allowed inside.
- All staff will wear a face covering and gloves while in the workplace.
- Shoppers are encouraged to use “touchless” payments whenever possible to reduce contact.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at the registers, added floor markings to indicate a six-foot separation and will provide hand sanitizer at the front of each store for customer use.
- Dressing rooms will be closed.
- All sales will be final, and no returns or exchanges will be allowed.
- All common surfaces will be disinfected before opening and every two hours thereafter.
- Individuals visiting a Goodwill location to make a donation of used goods must either place their donations in provided bins or remain in their vehicle while a Goodwill associate assists.
- To allow for a safe social distance, we will be allowing less than 50% occupancy capacity in all locations. These occupancy limits will be posted at the front of each store as they vary by location.
- Donations are being quarantined for at least 72 hours (this was common even before the pandemic based on the volume of donations we receive). Additionally, hard surface donations are being wiped down with Virex before they go on the sales floor and all upholstered furniture and bedding (pillows, stuffed animals, etc) are being treated per Virginia Department of Health guidelines.
To ensure that Goodwill will be ready to provide free workforce development services and help people reclaim their lives, we are accepting donations at select drive-thru donation sites from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
At this time we are encouraging donors to hang on to their large items (furniture, etc.) as we do not have the capacity to safely and securely store these at this time.