GOODWILL OF CENTRAL AND COASTAL VIRGINIA BEGINS TO RE-OPEN RETAIL STORES
Sanitation and safety protocols to be implemented
Under the advisement of Governor Northam, our Board of Directors and leadership team, Goodwill Industries of Central and Coastal Virginia (Goodwill) retail stores are beginning to reopen in the coming weeks.
“At Goodwill, we have continued to look to the recommendations of the local and national government in addition to the CDC amid this unprecedented time to ensure we did our part to flatten the curve and keep our community safe,” Goodwill CEO Mark A. Barth said. “With the Governor’s decision to allow operations such as ours to re-open, we look forward to welcoming back our associates, donors and shoppers and will be taking every precaution to ensure the safety and sanitation of our donated goods and those visiting our stores.”
Once reopened, stores will operate on shortened hours, Tuesday-Saturday 11:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
OPEN EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY, MAY 27th:
- Tienda al por menor de la bomba corta
- Tienda al por menor de Iron Bridge
- Tienda minorista Mechanicsville
- Tienda al por menor Princess Anne
- Tienda al por menor de Fountain Square
- Tienda minorista Alverser
- Tienda al por menor Saville Row
- Tienda al por menor de Sherrington
- Virginia Center Commons Retail Store
- Tienda minorista Woodlake
- Tienda al por menor de Williamsburg
- Tienda minorista Suffolk
- Bridge Road Media Store
- Tienda minorista Centerville
- Bailey Bridge Retail Store
- Hampton Outlet Store
- Hampton Electronics Store
- Tienda al por menor de Cedar Road
- Midlothian Crossing Retail Store
- Tienda al por menor de Colonial Heights
- Tienda minorista de la estación de Laburnum
- Tienda al por menor de Windsor Woods
The following protocols will be implemented to keep safety top priority for our community:
- All required and preferred safety items are stocked and in place at each location.
- All staff is properly trained on safety policies and will implement safe social distancing measures.
- We encourage all associates, shoppers and donors who are feeling ill to stay home from work and self-isolate. Per state guidelines, anyone who has had symptoms or been around someone with COVID-19 or symptoms in the past 14 days will not be allowed inside.
- All staff will wear a face covering and gloves while in the workplace.
- We are asking all shoppers and donors to wear a face covering and use “touchless” payments whenever possible to reduce contact.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at the registers, added floor markings to indicate a six-foot separation and will provide hand sanitizer at the front of each store for customer use.
- Dressing rooms will be closed.
- All sales will be final, and no returns or exchanges will be allowed.
- All common surfaces will be disinfected before opening and every two hours thereafter.
- Individuals visiting a Goodwill location to make a donation of used goods must either place their donations in provided bins or remain in their vehicle while a Goodwill associate assists.
- To allow for a safe social distance, we will be allowing less than 50% occupancy capacity in all locations. These occupancy limits will be posted at the front of each store as they vary by location.
- Donations are being quarantined for at least 72 hours (this was common even before the pandemic based on the volume of donations we receive). Additionally, hard surface donations are being wiped down with Virex before they go on the sales floor and all upholstered furniture and bedding (pillows, stuffed animals, etc) are being treated per Virginia Department of Health guidelines.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, as our retail stores remained closed, the principle source of revenue to fund our mission-driven services has halted. At the same time, the demand for our services will be greater than ever before. Goodwill provides job-readiness skills to individuals in Central and Coastal Virginia through a variety of programs designed to make individuals more career-ready. With many facing unemployment in our state, Goodwill’s programs can be a useful tool for anyone seeking employment post-pandemic.
To ensure that Goodwill will be ready to provide free workforce development services and help people reclaim their lives, we are accepting donations at select drive-thru donation sites from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
The following locations are NOT accepting donations at this time. For donors in those areas we ask that you please hang on to your donations until we reopen our stores.
- Tienda minorista Lynnhaven
- Tienda minorista High Street
- Tienda al por menor Emporia
- South Hill Retail Store
- Carytown Retail Store
Additionally, the following Donation Center has adjusted hours:
- Sandbridge Attended Donation Center is open Saturdays and Sundays ONLY 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
All other stores and donation centers remain open to accept donations 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. To find a location near you, haga clic aquí.
Goodwill encourages you to give from the comfort of your home by visiting the website at https://goodwillvirginia.org/donate/donate-online/giveonline/. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Goodwill needs your help now more than ever. Your financial donations are not only tax-deductible but are a critical part of helping Goodwill continue our mission to change lives.