When it comes to donating your clothing, electronics, furniture and household items we know you have many options. Often times deciding which organization will put your goods to best use can be confusing.
Goodwill has been a leader in repurposing donations and creating job opportunities for individuals facing challenges to work since the early 1900s, and we take pride in making sure your donations directly benefit the mission and programs we provide to job seekers in central and coastal Virginia.
Goodwill helps individuals overcome challenges to work while helping employers meet their workforce needs. We fund a wide array of job training and support services through donations and sales of used goods, contract services and philanthropic contributions.
As a driving force in workforce development, we work with employers and educators to train and certify job seekers in high-demand fields.
We believe that work is the foundation for empowering individuals, strengthening families and creating prosperous communities.
- Respect: We value and connect with others.
- Integrity: We earn trust through all of our actions.
- Learning: We grow and succeed through learning.
- Innovation: We exercise the power to make improvements.
- Teamwork: We achieve goals and deliver our mission together.
- Commitment: We demonstrate our value to and impact on the organization.