Downsizing after many years in a home can be a daunting task, whether you’re cleaning out your own stuff or that of a family member.
While we do not offer home pickups, Goodwill provides several solutions for donating family and estate goods.
College Hunks Hauling
Goodwill offers a 48 hour priority, fee-based pick up option to central Virginia residents who wish to have their donated items picked up with College Hunks Hauling. The priority service does charge a fee but includes benefits such as:
- Removal of items from anywhere inside the property
- Removal of junk and items Goodwill cannot accept
- A discount College Hunks Hauling pricing.
- A tax deduction. All donations are still tax-deductible even when using this pick-up option. Drivers will provide you with a Goodwill receipt when they come to pick up your items.
- Pick-up of items difficult to transport including furnishings and large amounts of donated items at one time.
If you’d rather speak to a local College Hunks representative, call 1-888-461-5241. Be sure to identify yourself as a Goodwill donor when you call for pick-up service to ensure the best pricing.
Goodwill has partnered with two local real estate firms to help ease the pain of moving. During your move, a PODS® container will be placed at your home as you are deciding what to keep and what to give away.
This partnership is the most convenient way to donate your unwanted items – from electronics to furniture, clothing, housewares and more – without having to leave your property.
This program is available at no cost to you.
For more information on partnering with a realtor and PODS, contact Russ Rainer at 804.745.6300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to these options, Goodwill has Attended Donation Centers located throughout central and coastal Virginia where Goodwill associates will help you unload your donations.Find a donation center closest to you.