We are hiring for this position at the following locations:
- Alverser Retail Store
- Centerville Retail Store
- Virginia Center Retail Store
- Woodlake Retail Store
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with obstacles to employment through education, training, and job placement services. We help people become independent members of their communities by giving them opportunities to work, earn an income, and enjoy a sense of pride and self-esteem. Our mission is focused on long-term employment solutions for individuals with disabilities or social and economic disadvantages. Funding for our social enterprise is fueled by donated goods, contracts with employers, and philanthropic gifts.
In addition, we provide business services to public, private, and government organizations. Our business units generate income and also serve as a front-line training ground for the development of job skills. We proudly channel over 85 percent of our revenues into programs to meet our local communities’ needs. So if you would like to join our fine family of Goodwill associates and work in an environment that genuinely helps others, then we encourage you to continue with this online job application.
Goodwill recognizes and respects the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via e-mail status updates throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are the sole intellectual property of Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia.
Upon receipt of your responses, the recruiting team will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email notification to review your application. If not selected, you will receive an email telling you such. Phone calls inquiring about the status of your application are discouraged.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Hiring Team
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your e-mail bulk or spam folders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.
1. Provide prompt, efficient, and courteous service to all customers, internal and external.
2. Assist customers with their donations by promptly greeting every donor and assisting them in unloading their vehicle, being very careful not to damage their car.
3. Accurately presort donations by category and label donations accordingly.
4. Safely, efficiently and accurately load trailers.
5. Maintain a clean and organized work environment to ensure safe working area for associates and customers.
6. Ensure the security of company assets. Immediately report known or suspected security and/or theft problems (internal/external).
7. Know and adhere to department policies and procedures.
8. Communicate directly and consistently with supervisor, relating problems with the donation area and customers.
9. Set a positive public image by adhering to the dress code and personal hygiene standards set forth by Goodwill.
10. Exercise sound judgment when dealing with customers, making decisions that positively affect both customers and Goodwill.
- Please see job description
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and push/pull up to 100 pounds
- Neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong customer service skills
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Strong organizational skills
- Bereavement Leave
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Personal Days
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Sick Time
- Vision Insurance