We are currently hiring for this position at the following locations:
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with obstacles to employment through education, training, and job placement services. We help people become independent members of their communities by giving them opportunities to work, earn an income, and enjoy a sense of pride and self-esteem. Our mission is focused on long-term employment solutions for individuals with disabilities or social and economic disadvantages. Funding for our social enterprise is fueled by donated goods, contracts with employers, and philanthropic gifts.
In addition, we provide business services to public, private, and government organizations. Our business units generate income and also serve as a front-line training ground for the development of job skills. We proudly channel over 85 percent of our revenues into programs to meet our local communities’ needs. So if you would like to join our fine family of Goodwill associates and work in an environment that genuinely helps others, then we encourage you to continue with this online job application.
Goodwill recognizes and respects the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via e-mail status updates throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are the sole intellectual property of Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia.
Upon receipt of your responses, the recruiting team will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email notification to review your application. If not selected, you will receive an email telling you such. Phone calls inquiring about the status of your application are discouraged.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Hiring Team
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your e-mail bulk or spam folders.
Contribute to the mission of Goodwill by providing the best customer service to our shopping customers. Maximize the store’s appearance by cleaning and straightening, filling in the sales floor, assisting with visual presentation.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.
1. Demonstrates an enthusiastic, positive attitude at all times. Acts courteously and with interest in each customer encounter.
2. Greets every customer swiftly upon entering the building. Makes eye contact and smiles. Thanks each customer at the end of the transaction and/or when they leave the store.
3. Engages with customers, takes the opportunity to roam the sales floor to engage with customers and provides assistance if needed.
4. Processes customer transactions quickly and accurately within the cash handling guidelines.
5. Participates in putting fresh product out on the sales floor, fills in visual presentations.
6. Participates in rotating stock.
7. Understands the store’s Round Up goal and meets the individual goal assigned by the store manager.
8. Maintains the sales floor in a clean, neat and orderly fashion. Keeps wrap desks free of clutter.
- Please see job description
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Professional, customer-friendly demeanor and appearance
- Strong customer service skills
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Holiday Pay
- Associate Discount
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- and more!