Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with obstacles to employment through education, training, and job placement services. We help people become independent members of their communities by giving them opportunities to work, earn an income, and enjoy a sense of pride and self-esteem. Our mission is focused on long-term employment solutions for individuals with disabilities or social and economic disadvantages. Funding for our social enterprise is fueled by donated goods, contracts with employers, and philanthropic gifts.
In addition, we provide business services to public, private, and government organizations. Our business units generate income and also serve as a front-line training ground for the development of job skills. We proudly channel over 84% of our revenues into programs to meet our local communities’ needs. So if you would like to join our fine family of Goodwill associates and work in an environment that genuinely helps others, then we encourage you to continue with this online job application.
Goodwill recognizes and respects the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via e-mail status updates throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are the sole intellectual property of Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia.
Upon receipt of your responses, the recruiting team will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email notification to review your application. If not selected, you will receive an email telling you such. Phone calls inquiring about the status of your application are discouraged.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Goodwill Recruiting Team
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your e-mail bulk or spam folders.
Responsible for the overall operations of the Community Employment Centers in meeting the needs of stakeholders and partners as it relates to preparing candidates for long-term sustainable employment, to include ownership of departmental policies and procedures, budget management and strategic planning.
Essential duties include the following. Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.
1. Builds informative and collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners to ensure that the right CEC services are accessible to the
right people, in the right places, at the right time across our service region in GCCVA centers and co-located facilities.
2. Ensures that CEC staff are adequately trained to deliver comprehensive assessments and to develop and implement targeted career plans that
achieve candidate goals, while meeting/exceeding stakeholder outcomes and organizational KPIs.
3. Develops processes to effectively manage people, financial and data resources according to organizational policies, procedures and goals
4. Nurtures an ever learning, innovative and dynamic culture that consistently seeks and responds to the needs of internal and external stakeholders to
create the most desirable and satisfying CEC experience.
5. Cultivates environment and engagement strategies that will allow Goodwill to measure its influence and the long-term impact of its services on
individuals, families and the community.
The associate in this position has supervisory responsibility for designated associates in their department.
- Please see job description.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Master’s degree in Human Services preffered
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in similar position
- Valid driver’s license, driving record acceptable to Goodwill of Central Virginia policy, proof of current auto insurance, and reliable personal vehicle
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Associate Discount
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Time