Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with obstacles to employment through education, training, and job placement services. We help people become independent members of their communities by giving them opportunities to work, earn an income, and enjoy a sense of pride and self-esteem. Our mission is focused on long-term employment solutions for individuals with disabilities or social and economic disadvantages. Funding for our social enterprise is fueled by donated goods, contracts with employers, and philanthropic gifts.
In addition, we provide business services to public, private, and government organizations. Our business units generate income and also serve as a front-line training ground for the development of job skills. We proudly channel over 84% of our revenues into programs to meet our local communities’ needs. So if you would like to join our fine family of Goodwill associates and work in an environment that genuinely helps others, then we encourage you to continue with this online job application.
Goodwill recognizes and respects the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via e-mail status updates throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are the sole intellectual property of Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia.
Upon receipt of your responses, the recruiting team will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email notification to review your application. If not selected, you will receive an email telling you such. Phone calls inquiring about the status of your application are discouraged.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Goodwill Recruiting Team
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your e-mail bulk or spam folders.
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing maintenance and support of all corporate facilities that include but are not limited to: carpentry, painting, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC, housekeeping, snow removal and grounds maintenance. This position assists with supporting the short and long-term planning and execution of all facility maintenance and repair activities.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.
1. Supports the company’s business plan by providing expertise and maintenance for all corporate owned and leased properties within designated region. Ensures prompt action on maintenance requests and provides hands on support and guidance to oversee repairs and upgrades as needed.
2. Responsible for maintaining records of all costs, supplies, materials and for monitoring the maintenance of corporate equipment and stock levels.
3. Responsible for conducting quality control and inspections and ensuring that all daily and periodic tasks are completed as scheduled.
4. Works with business units and internal customers to understand facilities needs for operations.
5. Participates in department on-call rotations.
- Please see job description.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field required
- Valid driver’s license, driving record acceptable to Goodwill of Central Virginia policy, proof of current auto insurance, and reliable personal vehicle
- Experienced with Microsoft Office products and Windows
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Associate Discount
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Insurance
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Time