Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is a non-profit organization that proudly serves people with obstacles to employment through education, training, and job placement services. We help people become independent members of their communities by giving them opportunities to work, earn an income, and enjoy a sense of pride and self-esteem. Our mission is focused on long-term employment solutions for individuals with disabilities or social and economic disadvantages. Funding for our social enterprise is fueled by donated goods, contracts with employers, and philanthropic gifts.
In addition, we provide business services to public, private, and government organizations. Our business units generate income and also serve as a front-line training ground for the development of job skills. We proudly channel over 84% of our revenues into programs to meet our local communities’ needs. So if you would like to join our fine family of Goodwill associates and work in an environment that genuinely helps others, then we encourage you to continue with this online job application.
Goodwill recognizes and respects the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via e-mail status updates throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are the sole intellectual property of Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia.
Upon receipt of your responses, the recruiting team will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email notification to review your application. If not selected, you will receive an email telling you such. Phone calls inquiring about the status of your application are discouraged.
Goodwill of Central and Coastal Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Goodwill Recruiting Team
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your e-mail bulk or spam folders.
Responsible for the creation and implementation of the organization’s D&I strategic plan by working to ensure the company’s culture, values, environment and approach in every area are inclusive, respectful and inviting to all.
Essential duties include the following. Other duties within the scope of this position may be assigned.
1. Conducts research on D&I best practices, makes recommendations and translates findings into readily consumable resources in a variety of formats
and programs aligned to organizational need.
2. Keeps current on D&I programs, developments and issues by building relationships/networks with others in the field (e.g., professional association
and educational groups, and professional development efforts).
3. Develops and facilitates learning opportunities to educate associates and managers on how to recognize, accommodate and appreciate individual
differences and how these can be bridged back to assist in meeting organizational plans (i.e.; Unconscious Bias Training, D&I Training Activities).
4. Develops, analyzes, and reports on metrics measuring progress and effectiveness of the organization’s D&I strategy.
5. Maintains the Annual Cultural Competency Diversity Plan.
6. Develops internal and external networks within diverse communities.
7. Shares internal/external communications about our Inclusion programs (stories about associates, marketing of accomplishments to support our
employment brand, pictures of events that we attend, etc.)
8. Reviews the organization’s workplace, policies and procedures, ensuring that these are all inclusive.
9. Manages D&I related projects and associated resource groups.
- Please see job description.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in a related field required
- SHRM or HRCI certification, preferred
- Valid driver’s license, driving record acceptable to Goodwill of Central Virginia policy, proof of current auto insurance, and reliable personal vehicle
- Holiday Pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Associate Discount