Goodwill’s re-entry services are designed to reduce recidivism by helping returning citizens overcome obstacles to employment. We partner with local and state agencies to connect job seekers with resources and support.
Returning citizens can take part in re-entry programs at Goodwill’s community employment centers, at no cost to the participant, to help them prepare for employment. Job readiness education will provide support in dealing with:
- Understanding the job application process
- Disclosing a criminal record to employers
- Best practices for job interviews
- Restoring civil rights
- Obtaining legal identification, housing and education
- Bonding program
- Expungement process
Goodwill works with a number of local and state agencies, including the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, Reynolds Community College, Richmond Redevelopment Housing Authority, Job Corps, Richmond Adult Technical Center, Federal Bonding Program and the Virginia Department of Health.
All workshops are provided from 9:00am – 12:00pm (* times are subject to change)
- 1st Thursday of the month – Northside CEC
- 2nd Thursday of the month – Richmond CEC
- 3rd Tuesday of the month – Hampton CEC
- 3rd Thursday of the month – Petersburg CEC
- 4th Thursday of the month – Mechanicsville CEC