GoodPath is an 8-week paid program that provides education and training for offenders between ages 16 and 20 who are recently released from a juvenile corrections facility and on parole or probation. Its goal is to equip them with the job readiness skills and employment opportunities so they can enter, stay and progress in the workforce.
Participants will receive on-the-job training and placement support services through Goodwill’s community employment center. Job readiness training will be presented in a small group, classroom setting and cover the following:
- Soft skills
- Digital literacy
- Financial literacy
- Interviewing, resume writing and job search skills
Program eligibility requirements:
- Able to access program locations in Richmond or Hampton
- Youth Ages 16-20
- Must be on supervised parole or probation through the Department of Juvenile Justice
- Can be enrolled in school or out-of-school
- Not currently a resident of the correctional facility
- Must have been referred through AMI Kids or have a direct funding source to cover costs
- Youth must be able to complete the 8-week program
The youth will be provided 6 months follow along support upon completion of the program.
For more information about GoodPath enrollment, call 804-497-9066.